Normal Cholesterol Range

Are you in the normal cholesterol range? Find out what it is, which foods have no cholesterol, and how to lower cholesterol naturally.

A Word from Dr. Dave:

Many physicians use the NCEP (National Cholesterol Education Program) guidelines to define the cutoff levels of LDL and HDL considered abnormal.  For most of us a LDL (bad cholesterol) above 130 is considered high.  A HDL (good cholesterol) below 40 for men and 50 for women is considered too low.

Cholesterol is not all bad. Cholesterol is an important nutritional component involved in many processes including nerve function, cell wall health, and as a precursor to other biochemical components.

Cholesterol can be measured in the blood and is generally broken down into LDL (bad) and HDL (good) cholesterol.  High levels of LDL cholesterol are associated with atherosclerosis, strokes, heart disease and peripheral vascular disease.  High levels of HDL cholesterol are linked with a reduced level of the above.

Most (75%) of your cholesterol is produced by your body; you can’t do anything about those levels except through medication. But for the other 25% of your cholesterol, changing your diet and exercise are important to reduce your levels – if that is necessary.

It has been shown that proper diet, weight loss, and exercise can affect this level into the proper range.

Contact your doctor for specific advise for your circumstances.

Essential to the health of your heart, these foods make you feel and look good, too.

Yes, eggs have cholesterol. Should you really avoid them or can you eat them whenever you want? Find out . . .

You don’t want high cholesterol, so here are your foods to avoid. They are a lot easier to remember than you think; you just have to know one thing. Click to find out how to stay in your normal cholesterol range.

You can lower your cholesterol! Incorporate certain habits into your lifestyle and feel great about taking care of your health.

Who can remember which is good and which is bad – LDL or HDL?

You absolutely have some control over raising your “good” HDL cholesterol. We can tell you how and help you get energized to start making yourself better, from the inside out.